Ming's Musings

Sunday, March 05, 2006

DIFFICULT

I was just chatting with my daughter Tifani on the phone yesterday. She lives in Heidelberg, Germany while I am calling her from California, USA. "How are you Princess?" I asked her. "I am fine mother", she answered me. "Hey, are you dating someone special?" I asked being a nosy mother. "Yeah", she affirmed. "We are kinda' dating but it's nothing serious. He's a little bit difficult." "Oh, really?" I asked getting nosier. "Mom, why am I drawn to difficult people all the time?" she asked me.

I wish I had an answer to that except that she probably inherited that trait from me. "I am drawn to difficult situations, people, places and things. If it was any easier I'd get bored." I shared to make her feel better. "I know", she agreed."I used to have a boyfriend who did everything I asked him to. I also got bored with him, although he was such a nice guy!" she added. "But don't we lose so much energy to be in a difficult situation? It's simply stressful."

"Well, I think difficult or stressful situations forces us to think and eventually we grow from it. We are old souls." I explained. "Who we?" she asked. "You and me. We bring light into people's lives, as much as people want to steal or destroy our light.It is not about winning or losing. It is about compassion. It is understanding what the other person is going through, and what makes him/her that way. In the end, we are always a better person, when we learn and grow from it. And if we don't.. the situation always repeats itself, until we learn and grow.There is no other path or shortcuts".

That's just what I personally think.

Posted by mingsworld.com :: 10:00 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------