Ming's Musings

Monday, October 24, 2005

the scale scare

"I dont even want to look at the scale this weekend, I dont want it to spoil my weekend." Rose exclaimed.

"Oh my God, i gained 2 pounds. I am so depressed." my daughter Tifani cried."Mom, you have to respond 'you're not fat!'"

"Just when i got rid of all my size 5/6 clothes, i gained 10 pounds overnight. I am so depressed and miserable." My sister whined, relishing a dress size of one for a considerable length of time.

"It take me 5 days to lose 2 pounds only to regain it over the weekend in 2 days." I added to their tales of weight and misery.

We give too much importance to weight and let it wear us down, drag our days and weeks. Even when we know that we are more than a number, and inner beauty is what matters.

How do we get out of this scale scare? Maybe, just throw the scale out of the window...!After all, what we dont know, a few pounds here and there...won't hurt us. :)

Posted by mingsworld.com :: 12:36 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------