Ming's Musings

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Relationships

In my webclass today, we were discussing our activites from the weekend that passed. "I just spend a weekend north of california in Ferndale to be part of a renewal of vows."I shared. "Oh really?", my classmates ask amused. "Do people still really do that ?" Funny, we actually knew circa. 5 couples who got married last weekend, including one classmate of ours.Isn't it sad, if we dont believe in the sacred union of relationships no longer? What can we hope for?

Today, my cousin just told me that she just filed for divorce from her husband of 25 years.This news really hit me hard, because she was one advocate for lifetime marraiges. But it takes two to tango, so what if husband really wants out, what to do? "I was a good wife", she ruefully said. "Apparently that is not enough!"

It seems that I do have many acquaintances who are close to me that broke up in the last couple of years. Why is it when one nears 50, they look for a new lease on life? Is this the so-called mid-ife crisis? It seems like peoples start reassessing their lives and relationship when they are half a century year old, and dont want to linger in a mediocre relationship and living conditions.

It makes me sad. I did know a divorce couple from Germany who who was so happily divorced that they had to have a divorce ceremony and party. They rented a streetcar,where we continued celebrating. At the end of the night, we were smashing plates, in a Greek marraige tradition/fashion or in significance of a marraige that happily failed!???

Posted by mingsworld.com :: 12:18 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------