Ming's Musings

Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter!

Those were the days. When I was a child, I was living in a real fun neighborhood. We lived in a private compound and half of the people in the neighborhood was related to me. It was really fun! The adults in the neighborhood always organized events to keep us kids busy and away from trouble.One of those fun memorable events was Easter Sunday.
We all went to church and right after the service, we went easter egg hunting. The adults in the neighborhood took pains to paint the eggs and hide them everywhere. My grandpa used to have a tree orchard, and the eggs were not too visible in the tall trees and grasses. Nevertheless, we had fun searching for them. Some of the Elders did not really care to paint and hide some eggs for us,they gave us some money instead. Overall, we were all happy campers from eating too much eggs , and satisfied from the collection of coins jingling in our pockets.

My sister and I spoke on the phone today, as we reminiscence on the good old days. "Mom used to make such a big deal of it" she said. "No matter how tired she is, she'd always prepare something. Now that she is no longer around, why bother?"

It was really wet, cold, and pouring rain today, as I stayed close to the fireplace. I felt the same way as my sister. "Yeah, it's one of those rainy lazy days, you want to stay in your jammies and stay warm at home all day long. That was about it, my Happy Easter day."

Posted by mingsworld.com :: 12:40 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------